Saturday, June 28, 2014

PDF reader. What I am using now...

Assalamu'alaikum and hi to all,

I have been using de facto application for pdf files for a very long time. Since I am now studying and depend heavily on reader that allows me to open pdf files, adobe acrobat reader had been an invaluable tool.

But recently, I needed to open quite a few pdf files at once to read and make comparison between texts and certain numbers on screen. Adobe Acrobat Reader opened the files from fast to a disappointingly slow. From my reading on internet, it seems that each time Adobe's own pdf reader starts, it loads quite a number of items onto the computer memory in which many of them, I will definitely not use.

So, as usual, I turn to Mr Google to search for me the next best thing. A good or even a better alternative to Adobe own proprietary software to read pdf files. From the readings (other users' point of views and discussions), it seems Foxit, a technology company that has been providing services related to pdf creations and securing it, comes up quite a few times. Foxit has its own pdf reader and the best of all, it is free.


Thus, I downloaded the software and installed it into my laptop. And truth to be told, the Foxit Reader is quite snappy and efficient. And as an extra free feature, the software also installed a pdf printer that will allow to print/make pdf files from any print job in my laptop.

It is just fantastic. I have been relying on PrimoPDF printer to print/make pdf file for a very long time. This adds another option for me, whether for work or others. I still keep my PrimoPDF printer since it will allow me print and append another one pdf to another, adjoining two or even more pdfs into one single pdf file, which I think is a neat and useful feature.

Well then, that is all for now. Do take care and be good to others around you. Wassalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment